Going to Hell?

So i was wondering, i have heard christians say that even though someone else believes in a type of God, since it is not GOD so to speak theyre still going to hell, i dont know if that makes sense...hmm,

I dont remember the denomination of the Christian, but the other girl was Hindu, she believed in God, more than one if im not mistaken, so to me shes religious right? she prays shes a good person...sooo why say shes going to hell? Theen again if she doesnt believe in hell would it matter to her?! She believes in some type of after life punishment....

Im confused about so many beliefs!? Theyre are so many differences.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's a question with no answer... The fact that no one has ever gone to hell and come back to talk about it. No one has ever talked to the Gods to find out what really happens. And no one has the real answers but the Gods. Now, I just want to say that it sickens me that someone would think they have the right to judge someone else just because they have a different belief!

I would hope that whoever this was said to was smart enough to igmore the comment...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• That's why I don't believe in religion. Too many good people get damned to whatever another religion's hell is just because they're different. Not. Fair. The end.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• That is why I believe in God or a higher being, BUT I do not believe in organized religion. There is way too much of what I believe is right, no what I believe is right. And I hate to say it a very good number of christians are the worse ones at it.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 6:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well, I think thats a good question. I can only give my own perspective on it. I will say I am a christian so I feel liberty to answer this. If I werent, then I would not answer. Just me though. I am a nondenominational christian. Just means I dont go to a church that claims any denomination. Christians (just as any other faith has their beliefs) that there is only ONE God. He is the creator of Heaven and Earth and his best creation was man, of course. We believe that we were put on this earth for his benefit and we are not to worship anyone or anything other than Him. We believe that we are to submit our lives to his will for us because his will is perfect and he knows us better than we know ourselves. From here I will being saying I believe, but I think my beliefs might be a touch different than others. I believe there are only two kingdoms. The kingdom of God and the kingdom of satan. THeres nothing in between....cont
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• If a Christian can answer this in a way that makes sense to me, I might become a Christian. This to me the one thing I cannot accept. God loves us. No one goes to Hell because they were taught another religion or grew in a part of the world without Christianity.

Anonymous

• I believe that those who reject God will not have eternal life. Now to say hell, maybe, but I am not sure its a literal hell. I believe that hell will be eternally separated from God, but the opposite of eternal life is no life at all. So hell might be just that you become non existant. I really dont know and I dont fret over those details because I cant answer it and I dont think it matters somehow. I dont think that I can judge the heart of another person. Meaning that I dont think I can personally say..hey youre going to hell or you wont live eternally with God. I think thats just too much judgment for me personally and because I believe in the process of reaping and sowing...I think I should watch my judgment closely. I dont believe it benefits our spirits to be "good people". It might benefit society, but not our souls. I cant be good. I am a sinner and many times I screw it up. Thats why I believe I need God. Thats me.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I am Catholic, and what I have been taught is that people that don't know the truth will not be condemned. They are innocent. It is when you know the truth, and choose to go against it that you will be judged. I hope that I have explained that right. But in other words, if you do not know better, and you have not been taught the truth, then you are innocent.
    Anonymous

• Oh and let me add that I do believe in absolute Truth. Meaning that just because I personally believe it doesnt make it true and vice versa. There is Truth and just because I dont think it will happen doesnt mean it wont, so knowing that I have to just respect others faiths and rely upon God to lead me into all Truth. I feel like getting your knowledge from people is fruitless. They have led me astray TOO many times.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• she's religious in fact Hindu is almost 3 thousand years older than christianity
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I personally believe in one God, and I think ALL faiths are worshiping the same God in different ways. So of course I disagree when (for example) a Christian says "If you don't accept Jesus as your Savior, you're going to hell"
    I believe there are many, many paths to God, and that it is up to each of us to find our own path. If you're a Christian then you believe your path is through Jesus, and that's fine.
    I believe that when the time comes, God will judge us on how we've lived our lives, what we've held in our hearts, if we've opened up our lives to help others, or if we've been greedy, narrow minded, jealous etc etc... I think it's got more to do with our thoughts and actions than if we've "played by the rules" of a specific religion KWIM?
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 7:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009