My son is 2 months old, I breastfeed and he likes to nurse alot from 5pm and on. He grunts and dislach's alot is this normal?

Worried he's not getting enough milk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, it's normal. My daughter does this, too. She'll latch on and latch off. She usually does this in the evening when she's not hungry anymore and sort of just messing around. Her eating didn't become regular until recently. She's 13 wks.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• if your worried bout hes not getting enough buy a pump and see how much comes out and if its lil or not enough then pump after hes done eating and feed him the rest or throw it and pumping will help you get more milk and if your not around him or your boobs are full with milk pump or that will make your milk supply low good luck
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 8:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes, this is normal! Babies often "cluster feed" in the evening like this. This is usually when milk supply is lowest, and baby is "tanking up" for the night.

Make sure you let him nurse as much as he wants because that will increase your supply to where it needs to be. Just let him nurse as much as he wants on one side, then offer the other side. If he is still hungry offer the first side again.

Remember, your breasts are never "empty". Your body is always making milk so as long as he is nursing he is still getting milk, it is just coming more slowly.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It's normal. the only thing worth making you worry about supply is low diaper count.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• definatly dont rely on the pump. ok to pump after eating. I once I got 7oz 3 days ago. pumped just now and got 2.5. and I pumped both times exactly 2hrs after i nursed. its a learning process for you both. maybe his way of fighting sleep or he may have to burp.
    daisy6878

Answer by daisy6878 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009