When did you start potty training for a little boy?

I've got 3 older boys & I started potty training around 2&half 3 yrs old. But my youngest son is turning 2 in 2 days & he is persistent on going potty in the toilet,but he wont sit on it,he wants to stand like he has seen his 5 yr old brother do,but he can't quite reach even on his tip toes (he tries to stand on toes & stretch it over the bowl). He gets so frustrated about not being able to do it like his brother. I feel so bad I don't know what to do,he wants to be a "big boy" so bad. Any suggestions?

tanyawhite020

Asked by tanyawhite020 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get him a step stool.
    Anonymous

• Get him a peter potty, he should be able to reach that.
    Anonymous

• get him a tiny potty chair, or like the 1st mom said, a step stool. Man, I can definately wait til those days come for my lil guy lol. GL
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Get a step stool. We started ds at 18 months and at 20 months he was potty trained but wanted to use the big one like daddy. We just put a stool in the bathroom next to the toilet. Problem solved. Congrats on getting him potty trained!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Get him a stepstool. He is ready!!! My son was 3 1/2 years old when he was potty trained. They will train when they are ready and it will be quick. My son trained himself, literally overnight.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009