How do I move by myself with a small baby?

I have been trying to move since last week. My husband works 60+ hours a week. I stay home with a 6 month old. We are moving 30 minutes away. How do I do this?? I have no family that lives nearby and no friends that are kind enough to help me move. I have been trying to pack for a week already and I have 3 boxes packed up. At this rate, I will be paying rent for 2 houses and I can't do that. I have to be out of my old house by next week. Any ideas how I can do this? My baby keeps me pretty busy, so it's been really hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Two words: Moby wrap!!!!!!! I slung my 9 month old 18 lb baby for 7 hours one day (minus time for diaper changes and meals, and nursing). That sling saved my life on numerous occasions.

If you don't have a local organic baby store that sells them, do what PP said: suck it up and do it. I know how it is to have a high needs baby who needs every drop of your attention, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Oh and I've asked like 3 people to babysit for me, but no one will babysit.
    Anonymous

• I moved 2 weeks after giving birth, fresh home from the hospital and had a c-section. I hired some movers to help from a charity. Here its' called the millionaire's club. If there's no charity by you then hire some movers. And packing you're just going to have to suck up and do. I'm sorry if that sounds mean. I managed to pack my whole house after I had the baby (didn't plan on having him early), with a 7 year old, and I was a single mom to boot. I had to stay up late and do it, or do it a little at a time, room by room. It sucks but it will get done even if you throw 4 things into a box when you walk by. BTW on moving day I didn't have a sitter either and didn't have to do anything but breastfeed, the movers did it all
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I know how u feel, we are moving and i have a 10 month old and am 26 weeks preggo with my second..... Its hard just try and do a little at a time...... I do most of mine when the baby is sleeping... ull be a tad tired but thats the only why i found a way to do it
    Anonymous