FLEA COLLAR?

I GOT A FLEA COLLAR AND MY KITTEN IS 9 WEEKS OLD AND IT SAYS DONT USE IT ON KITTENS UNDER 12 WEEKS CAN I STILL USE IT OR SHOULD I WAIT A MONTH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pets

• I would def wait. Your kitten shouldn't be left alone outside at her age anyway. The chemicals in flea collars are very dangerous and some animals are allergic so be sure to keep a close eye on her after putting it on.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• GET THE SHAMPO IT WORKS
    Anonymous

• I would wait until it is older. I have been hearing you can use blue Dawn dish soap on pets to get rid of fleas just be careful not to get in their eyes, I have not tried it though. We use the Advantage/Frontline from the vet.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 9:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• The dawn works but make sure you rinse it really good. I've heard that the chemicals in the flea collar used to kill the fleas can also get on your kids if they touch it. We don't use them we use the dawn and a shower sprayer then wash with regular dog shampoo.
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 12:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2009