Clueless!!!

My LO is 11 mts and was running a fever last night of 101 and she got up more than once last night which is unusal for her. She is cutting two teeth on top my concern would be could it be something more serious such has an ear infection? Should I take her to the doctor? She really isn't acting like she feels bad. She didn't have a fever all day today until around 6:30 this evening. Totally don't know what to do! Wish she could talk! ANy advice!!

melk819

Asked by melk819 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't even give tylenol for a fever of 101 to be honest. If she's not acting like she feels bad then I'd wait it out
    Anonymous

• I'd give her Tylenol and Motrin. You can "piggyback" the two, although Motrin is better for reducing fevers. Don't give her a cold bath, it can cause shock. Keep her comfortable cotton pjs (no footies!) and light blankets. You can also give her Orajel for them teeth.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't give Tylenol or Motrin if she's not acting sick or like it's bothering her. I work at this children's hospital and it has great info online about fevers. Please click the tab that says treat at home

http://www.seattlechildrens.org/child_health_safety/health_advice/fever.asp

a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• if she have a fever of 101 give her something to bring it down make a dr app and take her to make sure its nothing worse you dont actally your supose to take her to the er if over 101 i dont care dont wait it out cause if that fever keep going higher while you guys are sleeping it can hurt her seriously hurt her i dont care what a and i momma says call you childs dr and see what he/she say
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 8:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My daughter was up a lot lastnight too, I think it was because of the moon, almost every time it's either a full moon or the day before or after one she is up a lot in the night! I believe that has something to do with it! We'll see if tonight's better, hope yours is!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My daughter is going through the same thing right now. She is 11 months and running a slight fever, also cutting more teeth. I have been giving her tylenol and lots of fluids. I wouldnt run her to the doctor just yet, give her a few days. Good Luck!
    AudreysMommy798

Answer by AudreysMommy798 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• She woke up with another fever today and I have been giving her Tylenol and it doesn't reduce the fever and she still has no other symtoms. Guess I will wait till Monday to take her to the doctor!
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• running a fever when cutting teeth is normal. i would use baby oral gel to numb her gums and give her a luk warm bath this will help break the fever the dr is just going to tell u to give tylenol every 4-6 hrs and keep her hydrated.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 3:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2009