Does it hurt to have your kid if u have the epideral

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no. thats the point of it
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Not really.I had 3 epidurals.They hit two blood vessels the first 2 times they did it when i was in labor with my daughter and finally got it right the first time.It probably felt better than if i went natural anyway
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I had the epideral. It did hurt, but only during the pushing part. I didn't feel any of my contractions until they broke my water. Then I just felt the pressure of my contractions. Everyone is different though. My friend had the epideral also and she didn't feel anything at all.
    moniluvsmarcus

Answer by moniluvsmarcus at 7:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I had an epi with both of my kids and it didn't hurt until they dropped down. I had a walking epi though. I could move and feel my legs. It completely took away the back labor I had with my first. They told me that once the baby was in the pelvic area the epi doesn't work. It was worth it though, I wouldn't have made it through labor without it. There is also the regular epi where you're numb from the waist down. I think those are the one that you feel no pain at all.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I had a great epidural and actually napped between contractions. They woke me up to push.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 7:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• If it's done right and doesn't ware off then it doesn't hurt really. You're still going to feel pressure though.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• nope it don't hurt at all. you go numb from your belly down to your feet tell after you have the baby.
    playermom123892

Answer by playermom123892 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 6, 2009