Have you had a completely terrible experience with your OB-GYN during your pregnancy (past or current)?

I'm having a hard time with my doctor's office and I feel a little down. Anyone else have problems? I feel so alone right now!

HendeLou21

Asked by HendeLou21 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• actually not while i was pregnant but during my delivery..she KNEW she was sick..she had been vomitting all night even before i went into labor..and when the time came to deliver my dd she delivered her..and then my dd was sick,..an hour after birth..my ob-gyn had given her the virus that she had...that is why i will never birth in a hospital again:)..home birth for the next baby.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 7:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i was in labor and my doctor told me i was making myself hurt, that it was all in my head. then i ended up having a c-sec, and it got infected, i called him from home when i got a fever a really bad fever of 103.4 and he told me it was from my breast milk coming in, the next day i woke up covered in stinky puss cause it like exploded from the inside out, i went to the er and he yelled at me and told me it was my fault but it wasnt, i was home for one day, and showered with hot hot water like 3 times a day....just as he told me to do... needless to say i never saw him again.
    Anonymous

• not during pregnancy, but I had issues with the decision for a c-section. I didn't feel that we needed to go that route and she insisted, but I think that she didn't want to come down and deliver in the middle of the night.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• for my first my OB-GYN had issues with me because I was young and unmarried and making an adoption plan. My baby wasn't gaining weight so I had to be skipping meals, doing drugs, smoking and drinking. I would go in for a non-stress test (done at the hospital) and she would keep me waiting for hours ( like I'd go in at 8 and she would keep me until 1) and then she'd yell at me for not eating. Oh, and I forget how many times I was told I would be lucky if my baby survived. (she is almost 13 now) Come to find out there were serious placental defects that could have been spotted if the Doc would have opened her eyes instead of accusing me. . . Oh, then with my son, they waited until the week before I was do to suggest a C-section (my son was breech). They told me when my appointment was instead of discussing it with me. They then acted put out when I asked questions. . . Docs suck.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• if your really having problems with your doctor guess what theres more of them out there go find another one...
    Anonymous

• Thanks anonymous....why do people get SO offended when you talk about having a problem with a doctor?! Jeez...
    HendeLou21

Answer by HendeLou21 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2009