Why would you give a baby under 2 juice or soda?

Just curious. Juice and soda are empty calories that rots your teeth. I dont understand why parents would want to give it their kids...Yuck...I wont even drink it. Way too much sugar. I understand for constipation( juice), but not for something to quenth their thirst....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Health

• My boys are 1 and 2 and they drink juice but it is very diluted. Now soda is a different story, they don't drink that at all.
    Anonymous

• 100% juice is a good way to get a fruit serving in though. I try to limit my 3 yo to two cups of milk, one cup of juice and the rest water in a day.
    As for soda... well, mine doesn't even like it! He's had a couple of sips and he doesn't like the bubbles so he doesn't ask for any if he sees someone drinking it.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 7:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• juice okay
    soda is stupidity...LOL wtf
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• my dd is gonna be 2 soon, she get juice, full orange juice,and if shes constipated she gets watered down apple juice....one cup of oj everyday, water the rest of the day, juice imo is ok, but no soda.
    Anonymous

• I dont think there is anything wrong with giving your kid juice. I give my kids juice but I limite how much I give them and I water it down alot
    CharlotteluvsJ

Answer by CharlotteluvsJ at 8:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Wow on that same note then why give them anything tasty?! Ever heard of moderation or special occasions or mother-in-laws?? lol I wouldn't give my baby a whole soda but I'm pretty sure my son had tried some well before his second birthday and he still has healthy teeth due to good brushing!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 8:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Because they are the child's PARENTS and that's what they choose to do. Why do YOU parent the way YOU do?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My son was given diluted baby juice in the hospital at 2 days old. He has always had juice, just in moderation. I have never diluted his juice and I wouldn't dilute any juice for a child, why bother, it takes away the nutrients in 100% juice. Like another mom said, it is about moderation, special occasions,etc. No food is that bad for you if it is taken in moderation.

Also, why do you care what other parents do with their children? Worry about your own children and not what someone else chooses to do.

Oh and my son is almost 13, happy, healthy and intelligent and he rarely drinks juice or soda now. He loves water and always has but sometimes water gets pretty boring.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I saw a Mother today pour pepsi in her Daughter's sippy cup at the park. I could not believe it!
    Anonymous

• my dd is 2 and she drinks juice. well the one that has veggies in it. why cuz is my choice as for soa maybe when she is 5. and again my kid my choice not your problem. andwhy annonymous to much of a chicken or what?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009