Teen Pregnancy???

Im a pregnant teen and Im a bit concerned...on these polls ppl get so critical when someone says they under 20 and prego...
see im a teen mom(prego) , go to college, lived on my own for a year so far, live with my fiance, he work sand goes to school pt, I go ft but dont work. I've signed my contracts for storage of cordblood, have my dr, go to every appt, eat way better than before

MY MIND HAS SWITCHED TO PREGO MOMMY MODE

I feel I'm a bit ahead of other people my age, but even though my life seems to be in a positive direction does everyone else still think its so bad that Im gonna be a teen mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't care if your 15 or 35 your facing your responsibilities and going after your dreams and you are living like a normal person. Building a loving home for your unborn child and i am very impressed. I don't judge people for what age they are and if you find people judging you for the fact that your a teen mom then don't pay them any mind. Congrats on the new LO on the way and if you ever just want to chat then email anytime.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• if you can do it then do it, dont worry about other people. but just love the baby, provide for the baby, and do your best everyday to make sure the baby is happy healthy and loved. youll be fine.
    Anonymous

• Ignore people who are rude. There are a lot of the, and a lot of them haven't been in our shoes.
    It's a big stereotype that a lot of people aren't going to let go of.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 8:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Don't worry about other people. It sounds like you are doing fine. I've known a few teen moms that did better than older moms.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Age doesn't make a mother.
    I'm sure you'll do great; it seems like you've got things under control. I was pregnant at 19. Twice, actually, the first one miscarried. But my DS is healthy and I love being a mom, and I really don't feel like I've "missed" anything. I finished high school, quit college way before I got prego because it wasn't for me...
    But I've always been a mother at heart! Lol, I don't know if that sounds weird, but THIS is what I'm good at, KWIM?
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 8:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Just like the above posters, I don't judge someone on how old they are but what kind of a parent they become. I was not a teen mom, but I know that I will make mistakes just like every one else will. Just do the best that you can and love your baby no matter what. Congratulations and good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I hope everything works out for you.
    people get upset because we expect so much more out of our children, and it pinchs a nerve for parents with young teens because they see what COULD happen to there babies after all when your 40 years old and your child is 16, 17 years old to us you are just that, babies...
    people take there fears out on you because they have to wonder-"what is my teen doing" and/or the same thing happend to them at 16,17 and they dont want to see others suffer like they did and they get mean and push you away because it hurts them to see there (teen selves) reflecting from your words.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• if you are emotionally mature enough then you can do it. i obviously wasnt and i had my child at 20, but i get no emotional support at all. i guess it takes a 'good team' to raise a baby and i dont have that
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• You sound more together than a lot of moms who are older than you. Don't let other people's opinions bother you! Just do what you know is the right thing and let them talk. You can just laugh at them because they obviously don't know squat about you!
    Anonymous

• i have 2 friends that were teen moms. one had her ds at 13 and her dd at 16 she doesnt have custody of either one of them and i hear she is preggo again at 20. my other friend had her kids at 15, 18, and 24 and she is a wonderful mother. i have seen good teen moms and i have seen bad teen moms. alot depends on the maturity of the mother and the father and family support is a big factor.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2009