REALLY CONFUSED!!

Ok i'll try to make this short!! I am married, & we have 3 kids, our marriage has been rough to say the least. Well one of his friends was messing with me (joking around and picking on me) so i started doing the same, DH said I was flirting? So i went to bed...Every time i'm around DH's friend we mess around, joke,pretend to fist fight, try to throw each other in the water, scare each other. I didn't think it was flirting until DH said it was. DH doesn't say or act like it bothers him, so i don't know if it really is "flirting" or he just doesn't care. I just need some advice, should i avoid DH friend at all costs since DH said it was flirting? I'm only around him when DH is so is there really any thing wrong with my actions(playing, joking)? thanks ladies i just need to know what to do, and where the line crosses between messing around & flirting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• well he may be jealous
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I do the same, but we were out one night with a group of people and one of my SO's friends sat between us and he started to rub my leg and that was it for me. I made him get up and trade seats with my SO. It freaked me out. If you don't cross the line then you are fine, but as soon as one of his friends does then I would be done.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I could see how it could be flirting but I'm the same way with guys and I'm not flirting. I just get along better with guys than I do girls. I would try to be a little more sensitive to dh's feelings especially if you guys are having a rough time. Obviously it does bother him or he wouldn't have brought it up. Good luck.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It could be more like a brother and sister kind of thing too. My sister has lots of very close male friends, but that's just it, they are like brothers to her. We don't have any and so she finds her own, lol! There are some women who are able to make friends with men easily. My DH is like that with women, he's better being friends with them because he grew up with all women.
    Anonymous

• Yes it is flirting so you should probably stop before he thinks it's more and makes a move. My x said if I do that (yes I used to do that kind of stuff bc I needed attention x wasn't giving me) in front of him goodness knows what I was doing behind his back. I was hurt he'd even suggest that. I'd be careful, sometimes guys like saying things like "i'd like to watch friend do you". NO, they just want to see if you will if you think they give permission. Men are goofy. Just don't ask for trouble. Try to cut out the flirting before friend shows up without dh one day thinking you are giving him the "ok".

Answer by admckenzie at 9:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• thanks everyone, just FYI DH's Friend has a GF, so i don't think that he thinks of it as anymore than messing around either
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2009