he tells me no..

my son tells me no practically every single time i ask him to do something, BUT he ends up doing what i ask him anyway. should i correct him and tell him he shouldn't say no, or should i just ignore it?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 8:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I guess if he does it anyway, I wouldn't push the issue. He's at that stage where "NO" is the magic word, the word of choice. It'll pass, don't worry!
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 9:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• This sounds stupid, but it's hard to say yes. As in, physically hard. My 2 year old speaks with almost perfect clarity, except when she says "yes." It comes out "Theth". She did the same thing, and I think it was because she just didn't know what else to say!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would completely ignore it, b/c if he is still reacting positively, then he is just saying a new word that is exciting and makes him feel like he has control.

Now when he's older and is saying it disrespectfully, thats another issue, but I don't think he's being dishonorable, yet. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2009