*Birth Mothers.. you can't say, "I wouldn't have gone through with it." That's cheating :).
1) I would have educated myself better on the aftermath affects
2) Spoken with individuals who have given children up for adoption, adoptees, and adoptive parents so that I knew what I was getting into and IF this was the right choice for me and my son.
3)I would have spent more alone time with my son before signing my rights, and I would have kept my son's adoptive parents out of the hospital after my labor and delivery.
4) I would have interviewed other couples hoping to adopt before jumping the gun and having my parents do so; it is something I regret.
I'm sure I have more, but that's all I could think of! This question is for also adoptive mothers, and even adoptees! Even though the adoptees didn't have a say in the matter, what would you have liked?
I dont know if there is something that I think that I wish had changed about the process itself, maybe things like
1. I wish I was more aware of the effects that it was going to have on my oldest daughter and I after placement.
Â 2. I wish that the agency I went through offered or even mandated counseling before and after placement and not leaving it to the "birthmother" to seek on her own.
3. I wish that the "Open Adoption Agreement" was enforceable in ALL states if that is the type of adoption plan made.
4. I wish that someone who had at least TRIED to explain to me the pain you feel of giving a piece of your heart and soul away, even after 2 yrs
The family I chose for my daughter are indeed wonderful people. I get two letters a yr and one visit per yr. We are about to have our second next week. But I wish we had/would have relationship a lot tighter/stronger than what it is.
Answer by TLW514 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009
Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2009
Answer by mommytoadam at 8:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2009
Answer by bellacocco at 6:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2009
Jeez calm down. Everyone has the right to answer questions in their own way. You didn't even answer the question, only coming in to throw punches. How ridiculous and uncivil is that?
Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2009
Next question overall
(Babies (0-12 months))
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting an 11 week old to nap?