my husband gave me a gift card to a day spa for my birthday. i was upset because i thought it was impersonal . Just wondered am i wrong to feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I hate when my hubby gets me something without putting thought into it!! UGH. At least think it out first!
    Anonymous

• he prob wanted u to relax...
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Wow, what a nice gift! How much more personal can he get? I think you should be happy he got you that instead of a vacuum cleaner or a set of golf clubs or something that most guys get their wives. What do you see as being a "personal" gift?

Anonymous

• I think that it is actually very thoughtful of him. You get to go have some time to pamper yourself while he keeps the kiddos. Sometimes it is hard to look at it that way because you may feel a bit disappointed, but the fact that he went and got it for you and wants you to take the time you deserve for yourself is very sweet.
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 8:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I didn't get anything for my birthday. If I were you I'd just be glad he remembered and got you something. You're not 5 years old anymore, and your birthday doesn't mean that you're princess for a day. Don't act like a spoiled brat. It's a very nice gift.
    Anonymous

• Wow, way to complain and make some people feel bad. I wish my husband could afford to get me a gift card to a spa.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think impersonal is forgetting your birthday all together. I would love to have that, and that is what I usually ask for as a present for my birthday.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think it was a very nice gift and not many women have a good husband like yours so be happy and use it or give it to someone else.

Anonymous

• impersonal? How personal do you want? He wanted something good for you, just for you. Would you rather have another toaster? Most women would be grateful for such a wonderful gift.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Can I have it? I mean, if you're not going to use it...?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009