The Bible clearly states that witchcraft and the like are abominations, did you ever read this?

Deuteronomy 18:10

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Read over it when I was younger.
    Have it beat over my head weekly(if not more often) by people on this site.

Could care less anymore what a book belonging to another religion says. The bible is a nice work and has some nice things in it that most, if not all, other religions follow(like being kind and serving others) but it isnt a part of my spirituality. It holds nothing over my head nor heart nor soul.

If it does yours...good for you, have fun with that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Witches aren't Christian!   So why do you care?

Anonymous

• And? Your point is?
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Sounds like you have that verse memorized.  Do you think you are going to scare any of us into believing as you do?  Not gonna happen OP 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Why don't you go needle point that verse on a pillow or something and get the hell off here.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I praise Harry Potter, LOL!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• yup! :)
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yep, I've read that. Not sure what you're point is. Maybe expecting the witches to go "Oh snap! I did not know that! I'd better stop & repent right this second!!!" ? Not sure THAT'S about to happen! lol

Look, you have to understand that your Bible is nothing more than a novel to most non-Christians. That's not meant to belittle your faith or anything... it's just the same as the fact that witches' spellbooks (sorry ladies, I don't know the "proper term") or my equivalent of a Holy Book (The Tipitaka) mean absolutely nothing to you.

So, ya see.. reitterating that your Holy Book says this or that about anything is irrelevant to those that don't believe in it.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• In the original translation of the language used, poisoners are mentioned...NOT witches. Certainly as a witch I am strongly opposed to poisoners!! And the phase "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" doesn't MEAN kill her...it means don't give her money or let her "make a living." Saul exiled them all (the witches) and then had to leave his kingdom when he wanted to find one to make use of her powers. Who knew? Hypocrisy is an ancient idea, TOO! All hail Harry Potter!! I'm a HP geek too!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Hjka'[]

Damn it....my cat says hello

Hail Harry Potter !!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009