what's the easiest way to give birth

its myfirst pregnancy and i wanna know which form of birth i should choose.. i'm more nervous than excited....but i can't wait to get it all over with and see my new born..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• easy??? epidural or c-section
    hard??? all natural no meds

im on my first too and im doing it natural no meds...
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• epi
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Having done both, I say easy is all natural, no meds, vaginal birth, hardest is c-sect!

Your body was designed to give birth, relax and let that baby come out!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• with as many pain meds as possible, I really hate pain.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• if you're not going to get an epidural, and having a normal birth (not c-section) try a squatting bar, it opens your pelvis 2 more cm inside
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 10:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Thought epi would be the way to go, but by the time I thought I was ready for one it ended up I dilated too fast and couldn't get one in time. Had a little stadol in the IV - that was great to take a little edge off the contractions. Got a 2nd dose of stadol (after I found out no epi) - helpful during the pushing, but had worn off by the time my son arrived 2 hours later. Adrenaline and pure joy really overpowered any pain - I plan to do the exact same next time. Good luck to you!
    JD815

Answer by JD815 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have had four vag births with no meds. My last two were both waterbirths and they were AMAZING. I absolutely recommend waterbirth, it was a wonderful experience. It was all the benefits of a natural birth but with the intensity turned way down. My births were all homebirths, but almost all birth centers and many hospitals offer a waterbirth option as well.

I recommend getting the book The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer, a professional researcher who translates the medical data into everyday language to help women understand the risks and benefits of different interventions.There are reasons to get some interventions, and reasons to avoid them - understanding the pros and cons means you can make the right choice for you and your baby.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Also, look into birth hypnosis, like Hypnobabies. It's awesome.

You may also - no matter place or "type" of birth plan you make - want to hire a doula, a professional birth support person. They can be invaluable to making sure that you get the best possible birth and that it is wonderful for you.

I'm a birth doula who is not attending births at this time, so if you want to PM me at any time for more information or with questions, I'd be glad to help you out!

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• easiest way is toasted nicely toasted (smile)
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 11:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2009