Want to know how to run carnival games at your kids elementary school?

Today was my daughters schools end of year carnival and I was left alone in one of the booths almost until a friendly woman offered to help.I was running the can toss and later the duck pond.The can toss was a booth with a table and 6 coffee cans, 3 each stacked.The booth was fenced off with net so the balls couldn't get away and there was a small plastic box to hold 3 soft ball balls,actually 1 was a base ball.The object of the game was to get all the coffee cans knocked down and the kids would get 5 prize tickets.If they got one or two down they'd get 3 tickets.Before the kids could play we had to mark off with a red pen two balloons on their 'punch cards'these are pre-paid papers that cost $10 and they are used instead of money.One person in the can toss would chase after balls and pick up cans then stack them up again.The other person would mark off the balloons and give out tickets.This is a pretty hard job but fun.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 9:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I wouldn't say it was hard more like complicated because I was working with someone who kept changing the rules,but it was fun and it was amusing.The duck pond was the most busiest booth,we had 3 kids with poles fishing with magnets inside un blown up balloons,these poles were just wooden rods with yarn as string.The pond was a baby's plastic pool with some kind of waterproof thing to make the rubber ducks go around and around in the pool.On the bottom of the ducks were a number, either 1,2,or3.When the kid reeled up the ducks,sometimes two of them would come up,you would say which number is higher 2 or 3 this one woman kept saying.I just said you got 3 and gave them 3 tickets.But 3 kids were doing this and I was marking off balloons and giving tickets to 2 kids at a time it got pretty harry and while seperating the ducks and tearing off the tickets and running over and getting more it was fun but mentally challenging.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Then there was plinko.It's a wooden board with a whole bunch of nails in it.The object of the game was to drop a tennis ball onto the top of the board and have the ball bounce in between the nails until it landed on the bottom where there was a row of numbers.1-5.Whatever the number was the amount of prize tickets.The kids would walk over to another booth where the had little prizes.Some prizes costed 25 tickets and you could get a colorful ball that you bounce on your knee,I think it's a hacky sack.For less tickets plastic animals and things kids like.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I should say the cans should of been stacked up 3 on the bottom and 3 on top of that.The other way was too hard and for a much older kid.They were stacked the hard way on the table when I came to help out and I wish they had told me the right way to do it.I found out the other way by watching other volunteers do it at a later time.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009