How much longer?

I just had my little girl about a week ago and the bleeding is DRIVING ME CRAZY!! How long will the bleeding last? I tore a little bit too and needed some stitches, how will I know when the stitches are out? It is starting to get a little itchy (which means it's all healing) and that drives me even more crazy. Any advice and suggestions will help tremendously. This is my first baby and first fullterm pregnancy. Thank you.

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• bleeding lasts on average for about 3-4 weeks, but everyone is different. keep using the spray bottle or sit bath.
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Six weeks. But when I had my DS I had aunt flo in town for almost 9 months. I was on the depo shot after. But the stiches should go away on their own. GL mama 9 months of no aunt flo is nice! But now six weeks of it sucks I know!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 10:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• you will probably bleed for at least 4 to 6 weeks it just depends on how much you lift and run around day to day. with both my kids i had to get stitches and for that i used this spray which is cool(sorry forgot the name) and sprayed directly down there and it calmed the itching and any pain, you can find it at walgreens, some type of medical spray.
    Anonymous

• The doctor's gave me a medical spray and i've used it up until about a day or two ago. They also gave me the Tuck's pads to use which helped tremendously too. Most of the swelling and bruising is gone and when I take both pain meds, I feel 100% better. If I don't take the pain meds, I feel so sore I can't sit, walk, sleep, lay down. I'm just miserable. I've pretty much stayed on the meds the last couple days and felt able to move around without being in much pain. When will I know the stitches are gone?
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• yeah thats the stuff i was talking about...the pain actually subsides when the stitches are gone, you should be able to sit with easy. it took me about a week till the stitches were gone
    Anonymous

• Hopefully they are almost fully gone, it's been a little over a week. I can't tell if I'm feeling better because of the stitches going away or because I finally gave in and started taking the pain meds.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2009