is it ok to make one big birthday for my kids?

my son's and daughters birthday are really close Aug 10 and Aug 18 is it ok to let them share a day with family like aug.15? or anyone have any suggestions there turning 2 and 3 thanks.

JoeyGraciesMom

Asked by JoeyGraciesMom at 10:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yeah but get 2 smaller cakes so that can atleast be seperate
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I myself wouldn't do it. I think they deserve to have their own special days since they are not twins. But I guess it wouldn't be that bad since they're still young.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think that's always great - you can do a nicer party that way and the kids won't mind. A cake suggestion might be one for the guests - half his and half hers... and for the birthday boy and girl - their own small cake decorated special for them.

Good luck!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 11:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I try to do one big bday for 3 people . hubbies is june 22. 8 days later june 30 my daughters bday. then july 8thmy son 's bady. itry to do a dinner or go out were there is a place that cooks all the stuff they lke go to the theme park. and this year we are doing a big cake half him half her . so cars on one side and teenage cake the other half.
    pen

Answer by pen at 11:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• when my kids were younger i did that, now they want their own. their b-days fall on 16th of july and aug 1st. so i think it's ok while they are still young, do it until they start to complain about it.
    ta2danya

Answer by ta2danya at 6:38 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I always have done my kids parties together. They are 8 and 3. One is May 21st the other is May 25th. They don't mind. My sister and I share a birthday, it's on the same day and I never minded as a child. Auctually I think it made us closer, we had that special "we share a birthday' bond.
    Anonymous

• When they are young, I would definately do a party together. As they get older they may want their own day (with their own friends or with mom and dad).  Birthday themes, ideas, gifts, games, supplies   http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 6:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2009