Ugh, ohhhh, owwwww..............

Has anyone else gotten this virus that's going around. My son got it a few days ago and he NEVER gets sick. Achy muscles, ugly cough that makes you want to throw up and he lost his voice for 2 days. Dr. said just motrin and Robitussin CF. I worked so hard to day on our festival from 6:30 AM to 5pm. It rained in the morning and the stress of having to cancel and what do we do with the food already ordered .....The weather prmitted the festival and we made $2,800 yay! but I feel like I got hit by a mac truck. Have you gotten this yet? Is it going around near you?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My doc said it's a "nasty bug" but I think it was a virus that weakened his immunity so he got a double ear infection and an infection in his eye.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• YESS!!!! Me, my husband, and my baby all had it last weekend! (over my birthday!). It has been soooo hard. My son has had the worst of it. It was resisting antibiotic treatments so he had to have an antibiotic shot to fight it off! It started last Friday and we're still not 100% I cough and cough all night and I still don't have a voice. Yuck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Beck the doc told me antibiotics won't kill a virus, only bacteria. He said that it lasts for 5 days. High temp. loss of voice and then fever. I just hate it because I have no one to help me with anything. I know tomorrow I am going to be so weak that I will cry if I have to get a glass of water. I am keeping myself awake right now only because it is too early to go to bed and my son is still awake.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Antibiotics are for biotics - bacteria. Antivirals are for viruses.

DD and I had a bad virus last month. I had to get some IV fluids.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have no insurance so I always have to do the OTC/home remedy thing.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My son caught something a couple of months ago. God only knows what. It started out he felt warm, then he was coughing and sounded raspy. The next morning, he had a very raspy throat, fever, and his nose was so clogged. Poor boy's nose was a water faucet. Wiping up snot ever two minutes is not fun, especially when he rubs his face into your shirt when he's tired...YUCK!! I feel your pain..lol.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009