What do you think about some Chrysler dealerships given less than 30 days notice that they are being forced to shut down?

Only months after Chrysler BEGGED their dealers to buy more cars and presented incentives to them sell these cars?
They will NOT be reimbursed for the cars they bought.
They will NOT be allowed to order parts or offer warrantees.
They will NOT be able to continue any incentives.

After all is said and done~2800-3000 more jobs could be impacted by both GM and Chrysler's dealership closings.

Some useful links:

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it is pretty stinky. It costs Chrysler and GM nothing to run these businesses. In fact, the businesses pay them by buying parts and vehicles. I think it is going to cause problems with sales as well. If you don't have a dealer close for needed service/repairs are you going to by a car?

Honestly, I am not sure how they can legally make them close..well at least Chrysler/GM. Of course, the government is behind the scenes pulling the strings. I think they are looking at lawsuits for violation of franchise contracts myself.

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Could it be that these "some" are not outspoken Obama promoters, I mean, supporters? eh? Why are some being chosen while others are being left to continue business as usual? What credentials did they have to flash to keep their business?

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• something a little fishy going on. Seems like Chrysler just liquidated their 'mothership' and are now leaving the branches out to dry with all the inventory. very shady situation.

Answer by thundernlight at 11:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• We are FORD folks from here on out.

• Our American made cars just became a foreign made car.

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It's ridiculous what they're doing to these dealerships and the owners/workers. I live in Metro-Detroit and I know lots of people affected by this. However, I do have to say that they obviously were being ostriches...Ford saw this coming from a mile away and made the proper adjustments which is why they're still afloat while GM and Chrysler sink.

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I live i Michigan and isn't it interesting that ford who was all ways the now the top dog.....interesting.....

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• These dealerships knew the problems the companies were having and knew it was an unwise move. Many businesses make bad choices. Looks like they did but they will file bankruptcy like everyone else and come out smelling like a rose. It's the workers, not the owners who will suffer.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

Considering how many Asian cars are manufactured in the US and how many American cars are manufactured in Mexico, I think they already were, in more ways than you realized.

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:56 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• hey i lost my job the same day i was fired. so why should they be treated differently. they saw it coming.

Answer by melody77 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2009