Eye issue

My child was at school and his teacher was working with him. Suddenly his pupil disappeared. He would not focus on the teacher. He did not lose consciousness or flop on the floor or anything. He rubbed his eye and fussed. She rushed him to the bathroom and called the nurse. He wears an eye patch on one eye. She ripped that patch off and he was able to bring both pupils down and into focus. The school nurse observed him and he was fine. The eye DR. didn't think it was anything to do with her end. His pediatrician thinks it was a behavioral thing and that is all and his teacher doesn't think that it was behavioral, but... Anyone ever have any experience with something like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If your momma-sense is telling you that something is wrong, make an appointment with a pediatric opthamologist.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I would see another eye doctor or even your pedi. I wouldn't trust the suggestion that it's behavioral.   It would cause a lot of eye strain to keep your pupil rolled back behind an eye lid long enough to run to the bathroom and take an eye patch off. Try it yourself, it's almost impossible to do.

It can't hurt to get a second opinion.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 12:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I meant another pedi sense he already saw his.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 12:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2009