Do you hate hearing about other women's pregnancy horror stories?

Does it seem like some women just like to freak you out? Some people's advice is almost more scary then the original problem to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol. i always try to give an honest and realistic answer and at the same time give comforting advice. but i mean when someone asks "does childbirth hurt" or "c-sections or vaginals" and stuff like that, they are pretty much just asking for a scary story. everyone has different experiences and likes to share them when the topic comes up. so whoever asks the question needs to have an open mind to the answers.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• what bugs me is when I say my back hurts or im tired, then the experienced moms so "oh just wait its going to get worse" its so annoying and im not an idiot. I was with my sister when she had both of her kids, and i pretty much raised them, so i know in a way,
    Anonymous

• Lol. It seems as though if someone asks "What do Braxton Hicks feel like?" they get "I had them at 20 weeks and had to be hospitalized for months and then I almost died and then blah blah blah.." I recently read a blog where a woman was talking about exercising while pregnant and one reply was a woman who had ran and lost her baby at 35 weeks because of a freak knot in the chord that was tightened and led to the babies death because she had run. I mean seriously? How is that helpful? Its not a common occurrence, and was even off topic a little bit.

I'm the OP.
    Anonymous

• i hated it b/c everyone said u r going to want a epidural i was like what the hell...when it came time to have my dd all i wanted was a drug to take the edge off the pain. labor was nothing like it was described to me. in fact i said i could do it 100 times it was so easy...lol
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• No, I'm going through my first pregnancy and I find it helpful to hear others stories. Its good to know the bad that comes with the good.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 11:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• it seems like everyone I know had a horrible birthing experience... i thought it was natural!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• lmao lil mama...
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I hate hearing them and am always distinctly under the impression that women who tell them (most of the time) have done very little or nothing to educate themselves about the process and so have done none of the things that can offer relief from whatever the problem was. I think it is entirely annoying and unhelpful to tell those sorts of stories to women who are pregnant or about to experience birth, and I was never afraid to just ask people to keep it to themselves.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I always kept an open mind thinking about my mom and her 2 hour labor with me and my friend who had 12hrs of hard labor. I didn't mind hearing stories because I didn't know what I was going to get, lol. Turns out I got lucky, heres to hoping you do to!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009