Do you know, really know the people your kids play with around the neighborhood? I am throwing this out there because it's not just the guy that dates a single mom who molests kids

I know way to many parents who just let their kids run off and play at anyone's house without a thought as to....just who are the people in that house?
I have been molested by older brother's of my friends as a kid, yes that is plural, more then one older brother, more then one household.
I have seen drugs and alot of other sick shit, all because my mom felt she had no reason to check on the households I played at.
Now days it is worse! much worse! I know little kids that have been in meth labs to play with their friends, I tell the parents,and they blow me off!
does society no longer care about kids? is it a society about whatever is convenient for the moment? irregardless to the consequences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The answer is to educate your children, even at a early age... No one can touch your private parts. A child can be molested in your own home, by a relative you least expect. Many children have been molested by priests.... you can't spot a molester....... You can only educate your children!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 7:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My kids are so little it's easy for me to keep tabs on them still, but I pretty much just assume anyone can be a pedophile - they don't have any distinguishing marks or anything. People are so afraid of "strangers" and "kidnappers" but the vast majority of children who are victimized are hurt by someone that they know, a relative or family friend.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I completely understand you! My dd, 11, is friends w/a lil girl down the rd who has an older brother, 13. We caught him snapping pictures of the lil girls in the neighborhood while they were in their bathing suits...he was hunchin while the girls were playin in the water hose. I don't let my dd even go down there w/out me but the lil girl is welcome to come & play @ our house. I really feel bad for the boy too though because everyone has turned their back on him when he clearly needs some help before something goes too far.
    I'm sorry you had to endure what you did & for ppl like you, I am thankful. Gives me hope that there are parents out there that care about not just their own kids, but everyone elses!
    Anonymous

• My only neighbors are my family so I would say that I know them pretty well, lol.
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I am kind of grateful I went through alot and didn't have alot of shelter...It has made me a wise parent! Even with my 4 yr old son! i don't trust peopl....would you beleave that child molestation among boys is on the rise? boys are becoming more of an interest then girls!!
    Very sick....
    Anonymous

• I will never let my child out of my side, he is only 3 years old but I don't plan on having him going to other people's houses. I don't know about other family dynamics and I plan on spending so much time offering him a variety of activities that my hope is that he'll prefer to spent more time with his us (dh and I) than with his friends.

I always think that a child's place is at his home not in somebody elses house. I don't get sleep overs or pj's party's. Everybody sleeps in their own home, in their own room kind of thing. I won't be a popular mom with my son as he grows up but I don't care to earn his approval, I care more to keep him safe until he is old enough or mature enough to defend himself.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• are you reporting these meth labs and places you are talking about?

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It's in the past and no I hadn't reported them....they were always known by the police...it is a small town...these places have been busted and burned down...but it's like mice, you see one there is another you don't know about
    Anonymous

• OP you stated "does society no longer care about kids? is it a society about whatever is convenient for the moment? irregardless to the consequences?"

well, if you care about kids, why wouldn't you report kids playing in meth labs????!!!!????  if they were 'always known by the police', I'd call everyday to every police in the surrounding areas and also the nearest metro area.  why not Child Protective Services too? 

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Our neighborhood is very close. The parents/homes where my kids play and who play over here are also our friends. :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009