How much do in home childcare providers make?

Maybe you have a in home childcare or know some one who does. I was thinking of doing this since I am great with kids and have a business background.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I make abot 2400-3000 on a good month. But the bad part is its not a stable income kids come and go. Sometime you get lucky and keep kids for longer periods at a time. Sometimes you hit a ruff patch and wont have kids for awhile so you have to make sure you always have a back up plan. Well i hope this helped little and gl on your decision.
    princessemilie

Answer by princessemilie at 10:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• my daughter goes to a home daycare. I pay 110 a week. Right now the lady only has two kids so she is only making about 880 a month. The home daycare my daughter was is before this charged 100 a week. There were some week where she had up to 6 or 7 kids but most of the time she only had maybe 3.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My longest day care lady charged me $110 a week. As the children get older, the rates get a little cheaper; not much cheaper, only about $10 cheaper.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 1:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• When we used an inhome daycare in MA, she charged $150 a week for my daughter who was around a year old. MA is very expensive when it comes to childcare. You should check the rates of the local daycares and make sure you are competitive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2009