How much do in home childcare providers make?

Maybe you have a in home childcare or know some one who does. I was thinking of doing this since I am great with kids and have a business background.

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I make abot 2400-3000 on a good month. But the bad part is its not a stable income kids come and go. Sometime you get lucky and keep kids for longer periods at a time. Sometimes you hit a ruff patch and wont have kids for awhile so you have to make sure you always have a back up plan. Well i hope this helped little and gl on your decision.

Answer by princessemilie at 10:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• my daughter goes to a home daycare. I pay 110 a week. Right now the lady only has two kids so she is only making about 880 a month. The home daycare my daughter was is before this charged 100 a week. There were some week where she had up to 6 or 7 kids but most of the time she only had maybe 3.

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My longest day care lady charged me $110 a week. As the children get older, the rates get a little cheaper; not much cheaper, only about $10 cheaper.

Answer by BingsMommy at 1:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• When we used an inhome daycare in MA, she charged $150 a week for my daughter who was around a year old. MA is very expensive when it comes to childcare. You should check the rates of the local daycares and make sure you are competitive.

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2009