Online dating...is it safe?

I am a single mother wanting to get back into the dating scene. Do you think it's safe to meet guys from online dating sites like cupid.com or eharmony.com? Or match.com, etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Met my husband now on Match.com we've been married 5 yrs now. We chatted for a while , then talked on the phone for a month straight before we met. Dated for a yr and a half before we got married. Dated alot of Jerks from the net too. Just have to be careful as you would with any guy you met weather its at a bar or the gro. store. ( I started thinking about on line dating and that it couldn't be that bad Cause I went out with a guy I met at a Local bar a few times and then found out he was a child molester)
    Just take things show. As you would in any New relationship.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 10:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I met my dh online 12 years ago. As long as you're careful it should be ok.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think as long as your smart about it you'll be fine.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• As long as your safe, and use good judgement it's safe! Just meet in public places until you really get to know the person. Don't put yourself in what could end up being a bad situation.

A close friend of mine (also a single mommy) met her husband on eHarmony. They've been married a few years now, and had another baby together!
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I also met my dh online, so I think it is safe. Like the others said, just meet somewhere in public the first time.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I met my husband 5 years ago in a yahoo chat room.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think as long as you are careful and use a reputable site it should be fine. My Uncle found his 2nd wife via online dating, and my bil met his 3rd wife that way.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I'm a single mother too. And I've met a few of my serious boyfriends online. To me, I can go out to a bar, get a guy's number or give him mine, and him just as crazy or a bad person as someone I met online. The only difference is, I know that that person looks like for sure.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• all i can say is becare, my friend of man wastalking to a guy on online for 6 months told him she loved him. They even had computer sex, throu the web camera. she found out he as fake. but i think really true love can ccome out of it
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 11:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2009