I just burned myself i need something to stop the pain

please help me!!:( 45 mins ago i burned myself on my tiller, i have my hand soaking in milk, i tried a cold wash rag with ice i am ranning out of ideas... i want my life to be painless again..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Health

• Is it blistering? If the pain is the bad maybe you should go to the ER. They'll be able to get you something.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• my husband did the same thing yesterday( burnt his hand on the tiller) , he put WD-40 on it and it easd it . I've always used mustard to take the pain away . Might try it
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 10:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• If it's not bad enough to go to the ER (^^) but very painful, if you happen to have lavender oil around, it's a lifesaver. Most people don't just have it lying around though. If it's not blistered, apple cider vinegar can take some of the sting out. Many swear by honey.

Using ice or ice cold water is actually not recommended - something a little less cold is usually better for the area. Also do not put butter on it.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• ok what ever you do do NOT BUT COLD WATER ON IT OK IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE go to walgreens and pick this up trust me im a firefighter i know about burns its called DERMOPAST it will help you
    Anonymous

• well its just puffy but no blister
    Anonymous

• anon 8:59.....I heard that if you put ice or cold water on it immediately it helps the burn from getting bad? I was told that a burn burns through layers of your skin and a cold compress can keep it to the top layers only. Was I misinformed?
    Ooops....thats what I was going to tell you to do but now I am second guessing myself. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

•  http://uuhsc.utah.edu/burncenter/treatment.html

"The most important "Don't" is: Do not soak the wound in ice water. If you burn yourself or witness a burn injury and immediately immerse the wound in ice water, the burn will be less extensive and not as deep, BUT, if you wait just 15 seconds and immerse the wound, there will be no beneficial effect from the ice water. The potential for extending the damage, caused by a frostbite injury over a burn injury, is great."

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Dermoplast is good. Foille salve is good. anything to keep it moist for a few days and covered from dirt. If it is a large area, seek med attention.
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 3:46 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Aloe jelly is best, either from a plant or a tube.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2009