bad hair day?!?!

So last night I was at my friends house, and I helped her dye her hair..
well, then I let her help me cut my hair.. I just wanted to trim it and put in a few layers.......
well... she completely messed up my hair. I know I can fix it myself, I've cut my own hair for years.. but I'll have to get VERY creative. So here are my questions:

Anyone have a bad hair cut experience they want to share?

Anyone have any hair style tips for short hair, or ideas for a pixie hair cut (since I think that's about the only way I can fix my hair without shaving it all off, lol)?
note: also in beauty section, this just get's more viewers.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• About 4 years ago I let my sister talk me into "triming" my hair. When she finished I noticed in the back there was one part that was much much much shorter than the rest. And let me say this, when she started my hair was near my waist on my back. My final hair cut after I went and got her hack job fixed was; a cute short cut (kind of like what Kate from Jon&Kate Plus 8 has). I actually liked it, but I'm glad now to have my long hair back.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I did the same thing! I cut and dyed my friends hair and it came out so nice! Then she cut mine and it came out HORRIBLE!!! I was kind of mad about it.

I also went to my other friend's hair dresser once and I knew the whole time she was screwing it up! Then instead of using a hair brush she used her filthy long nails!!! Ewww! It was so gross. I never went back.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• When I was 8, I went to Fantastic Sam's and the guy I had TOTALLY killed my head! Not only was my cut WAY shorter than it should have been, he insisted on brushing my hair instead of combing it. The problem with that? I have SUPER curly hair! He was yanking so hard that I was crying. My dad ripped the guy a new one and then took it to the manager (I did ask the guy to stop and he didn't)...we got our cuts free and no one in my family has ever gone back to a Fantastic Sams!
    I have had more bad cuts than I care to remember...it seems that everytime I find someone who really knows how to work with my hair, they decide to leave the business or they go out of business!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• sorry.. no bad haircut stories except for when I tried to do it myself and cut my bangs all the way up my forehead (I was 11)
    the one thing I really hate is when I go to get my hair cut and they put all sorts of product in my hair.. I like my hair the way it is.. ALL NATURAL!!! I have very thick hair so it gets frizzy easily.. but at the same time the de-frizz stuff makes it all greasy! I dn't wash my hair every day but I do extra condition it to get it the way I like it.. and they mess it up every time.. takes weeks to get my hair back to normal!!
    Anonymous

• I went to Great Clips once for a simple trim and when I took a shower that night I found a bunch of pieces that were longer than others. When I looked in the mirror, holding another mirror to look at the back of my hair, it looked so choppy - like a hatchet job!
    I went to another salon the next day to have it evened out.
    I thought the people at Great Clips had enough experience to do just as good of a job as a regular salon?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Oh, I forgot to add a funny hair experience I had when I was in the third or fourth grade.
    I had a cowlick sticking up out of my hair on the top of my head and I just couldn't keep it down and it was embarassing to me. I was so aware of it all day long.
    So I took a pair of scissors to it and cut it off...lol.
    My mom freaked when she saw the stubs sticking straight up at the top of my head!
    LOL....I really don't remember how that problem was resolved, though....LOL.
    I was such a dumb kid...LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• anon.. I know what you mean about de-frizzing hair.. Mine is naturally curly.. but I have a professional hair straightner... it REALLY helps keep the frizz down... after a couple of weeks of it, I haven't had a problem with frizz at all..
    I know what you mean about the de-frizzer making your hair greasy, I have the same problem.. try getting some hair lotion, rather than gel or spray.. it works a TON better.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009