Do you use reuseable pads?

How do you like them? How do you wash them and store them after they are used and before they are washed? Are they like washing cloth diapers?

jflowers

Asked by jflowers at 11:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Health

• Simply soak immediately in COLD water. You can use a covered waste can to just put them in. (ice cream bucket or something like that) Rinse before washing with your regular clothing load. then again I didn't worry about the stains, I have period underwear anyway.. I put them after they are washed in the "female stuff drawer" in the bathroom as they girls call it.......... And have some in my underwear drawer for the opps in the morning and I can't get in the bathroom
    Midnite00

Answer by Midnite00 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't use them and am not sure, but there was recent discussion about a cup catcher thing that women can also use. Very different.

All pads were originally reusable, so I have always wondered how women did it on the prairie as well.
    Anonymous

• I hope you are talking about nursing pads?! Yes, they wash up just like cloth diapers or wash with baby clothes. I have used them before, they work pretty well, and softer than the disposable ones.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I am talking about cloth pads. I've heard of the diva cup which is the cup catcher thing. It looks very interesting. www.lunapads.com I am looking on here for the cost but will probably make some or get them from a WAHM.
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 11:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009