I hurt my leg standing all day,what does it mean when your leg feels numb?

It's actually my upper leg from under my hip to my knee.It used to only bother me when I would stand for long periods of time,just washing dishes to cooking.Now it bothers me when I walk, it's a numbing,burning feeling.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Health

• It could be a problem with your back. It could be a circulatory issue. You need to be seen by a health care professional soon, especially if you are overweight, diabetic, or have another chronic health issue.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• sciatic nerve maybe. Or, probably all in your head.
    Anonymous

• pinched nerves in your back
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i agree with laura, see a chiropractor, they will give you x-rays & adjustments/treatments. i had really bad knee pain and there is not a thing wrong with my knees, i have 2 pinched nerves on my spine, it's curved in 2 places and my right hip is higher than the left.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Sciatic nerve. I have it too. It is a strange numb almost swollen feeling in your leg below the hip to the knee. A chiropractor can help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I also recommend chiropractic care. My experience was also a spinal one and had severe knee pain. My chiro. doc will not treat if he thinks I need further tests. So, you should also rule out blood clot, neuropathy, poor circulation, etc. Any heart problems? Your arteries could be clogged or it could be the shoes you wear. Don't panic until you see a pro. good luck.
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 3:37 AM on Jun. 6, 2009