How long do toddlers use toddler sized tables for?

I recently bought what was suppose to be a toddler table for my son but it's really a child's sized table. I'm debating on weather or not to have my husband cut a few inches off of the legs and matching stools or leave it as is. I just don't know how long he'll use it as a toddler table? My son is 17 months a fairly tall for his age at 35 inches.

Inle_Rabbit

Asked by Inle_Rabbit at 11:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I say leave it as is. If he needs to get taller in order to reach the table from a stool, have him sit on his knees. He'll grow into it eventually. Then you won't have to regret it being too short once he's bigger.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 11:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• He can climb on the stool from the ground and sit on the stool and reach the table just fine. I'm just wondering about how high the stool is off the ground for him.
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 11:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would leave it child size. I have one for my girls (almost age 3, and 17 months). I use the adjustable highchair for the 17 month old.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I would leave it because he will be too big for it before you know any way! LOL As for the height of the chairs right now, just be sure you are with him and watching him while he plays with it and make sure to teach him how to get on and off properly and when he reaches too far and almost falls side ways make sure you make it clear not to reach too far and so on, I have the same problem with my 17 month old. I only let her play with the chairs when I am available to really watch her, otherwise they are put away. Good Luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• my friends daughter is six and she still uses hers
    roxieandlily

Answer by roxieandlily at 10:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I am goign to get my husband to cut the legs shorter. We have another baby on the way in another few weeks anyway. It will just be easier on everyone if the table and stools were shorter
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 12:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009