Could it happen?

Okay so I know how you conceve and everything but I guess what I was wondering is can you conceve a week before your period and if so would you still have a period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is likely that you might be able to conceive, depending on whether or not your cycles are abnormal or not. There is no accurate determination as to when you ovulate unless you are using test strips.
    Some people do get their periods while pregnant but this is rare. You really wont know unless you wait about a month and take a test.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 11:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• yes, you can conceive a week before your period... I did.. as for still getting your period I didn't but it depends on the person everybody is different.
    Anonymous

• Ovulation usually occurs about 11-21 days after your first day of your last period. Some people also say about 12 days before your next expected period. It all depends on the persons cycle.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 11:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I conceived about a week before my period was due, so yes it is possible but it's not likely. Most women ovulate two weeks into their cycle, so two weeks after your last period/two weeks before your next. For me, I know I had to have conceived at that time and I didn't get a period, however I did experience the normal period-like cramping during the time where my period was due and I had some very light spotting.
    javila

Answer by javila at 11:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Okay well i have just been wondering. I have taken a test but it was negative but i still havent had my period and it usually comes the 23rd and i didnt have one last month.
    I just had my second baby a little over 2 months ago so could it be possible that my body is still just trying to get things figured out?
    Anonymous