my 3 1/2 year old and yeast/bacterial infections?

ok so I THINK my daughter might have either a yeast infection or maybe a bacterial infection im not sure the problem is that we have crappy health insurance and i cant get her in to see a doc. the doctors office she is assigned to is disgusting and i've been trying to get an apt for about 6 months... so im hoping there is something over the counter i can use. she has no discharge but a foul odor and a film on her vulva and the inside walls from what I can see. i bought one of those over the counter test kits and her PH is off the charts it's above a 7.5 if anyone has any medical knowledge in this area i would very much like some insight. even homeopathic? the problem is I can't fine ANYTHING out there for kids... they've already taken cold medicines off the shelf so chances of me finding anything that works has probly already been schucked by conservative soccer moms are us...

Kayla7

Asked by Kayla7 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• You can use yogurt for bacterial infections if thats what it is. Do some reseach and see what side of the acidic/alkaline 7.5 is on.... and then do some research and find out which is which of the bacterial/yeast infection. Then if it is bacterial get a kit of some sort that would have a seringe and put the yogurt in her like that. It has that biofidus stuff, and i was told by an emergency room doctor that that would work until i was able to get my prescription or if i could afford them anymore.
    Anonymous

• you mean insert yogurt in the vaginal canal? ive been feeding it to her orally everyday but ive never heard of literally using it?
    Kayla7

Answer by Kayla7 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• yes vaginally
    Anonymous

• i delt with BV for 2-3 years straight after every period, trust me the prescriptions gt expensive
    Anonymous

• take her to an emergeny room if you want her to be seen, they cant refuse to see her and insurance no matter how shitty has to cover it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• A few questions for you - is your daughter bottom red and does it hurt? Give her a bath with Corn Starch. Is she running a fever? If so she has something more than yeast infections. I really recommend you going to emergency room or finding a dr in another town and a good Ped doctor that cares.
    Anonymous