Christian sisters what would you do

If you found out your husband looking at inappropiate images? Besides praying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have caught that before and we went to marriage counseling - it helped a lot. We discovered my hubby did have a porn addiction. It was very good for us. Our counselor was a Christian and experienced in dealing with sexual addictions. She helped us talk about things and get closer as a couple. She also helped my hubby realize there were underlying issues that caused him to turn to porn. It was the way he dealt with the death of his father (which happened when he was 8). She helped us really get to a point where he could deal with his dads death and that helped him to get away from the porn. A lot of people seem like they are scared of counseling (and I have to admit I was a little) or that it is a bad thing to do, but honestly its not. Sometimes you just need an outside view on things and a counselor is someone you can trust - they aren't going to share your issues with the world and someone who can help you

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• who cares, just be happy he isn't out cheating.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I care and obviously did not want to hear from you. I asked Christians. Please don't answer next time
    Anonymous

• Well he isn't out cheating on you for real....so here's a start. But beyond that...if it really bothers you, then talk to him about it and express whatever concerns you have. He's your husband, so he should be willing to listen.
    Anonymous

• I am not Christian BUT if it bothers you and ESPECIALLY if he already knew about your feelings in regards to porn then you seriously need to sit down and have a heart to heart.  If he does not know then you need to sit down and talk to him, be honest but non-confrontational...if you don't approach the subject correctly he is going to get defensive, shut down and not hear what you are saying.

GOOD LUCK!

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well I WAS going to answer your honestly even though I am no longer Christian. I think what I have to say would be helpful and comforting. Then I noticed that you do not want non-Christians answering your question so I guess you'll never hear what I had to say... that's too bad.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Is he christian? If he is doesn't he know that pornogrphy is a sin? It basically is cheating cause he's doing it in his mind. At least that's how I understand the bible. That even if you think about doing it it's as bad as having done it.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• This was a problem early in my marriage. I caught my husband a couple of times. Then, after 9 years of marriage and about 5 years of believing he wasn't doing that anymore I caught him again and found that it was a very big problem. Fortunately, our church has a support group/recovery program for sexual sins and I insisted upon that as a measure to save our marriage. There was a lot of talking, a lot of tears, a lot of prayers, a lot of righteous anger... And I think if you are committed to staying you must be aware that your eyes need to be open for the rest of your life with him. That nagging feeling may always be with you. Transparency is a major key. I chose, in my situation, not to take away my husband's agency. No special security on the computer, etc. But he knows I am going to be watching and looking. Not as often as I used to, but once in a while. It is possible to forgive and to heal and to move on together.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I have never caught my DH with that or even suspected it. But I know all guys are vulnerable to that so I just pray. Anyways, IF I ever did find him looking at that we would totally talk about it. I know he thinks that is a sin and he wouldn't want to be doing it so we would pray together, he would call on one of his friends from church to talk with and keep him accountable, and we would get a program on the computer to block it and record the history. He can't look at that at work because he works at church and even websites without porn are blocked (he can't even go on myspace at work).

But there is victory. There is hope. Prayer, accountability, the word of God all work to purify our minds and give us self control. You might want to check out this website Always Be Ready.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• PRAY PRAY PRAY THATS ALL YOU CAN DO
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2009