fed up

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT MY PORN ADDITICT HUSBAND WILL STOP, HES BEEN GIVEN HUNDREDS OF CHANCES BUT STILL DOES IT?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• If it's an addiction he's going to need help. Try a counsler.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• A porn addiction is different than watching or looking at porn every once in a while...and yes, it is a problem that needs to be dealt with...especially if it bothers you, which it obviously does. I went through this with my husband and we are currently separated (though not just over porn...over MANY MANY things). But if it's truly an addiction, go see a counselor or someone who can help!
    Anonymous

• He probably is not going to stop on his own, but a counselor is a good idea if he is willing.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Addiction means he can't stop without help. He'll try but without professional help he can't do it. Find him help.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well with any addiction the person has to want help and want to stop. If he truly wants to stop then I suggest he get professional counseling. What about taking away his access to porn-- if he is using internet porn -cancel internet or put parental blocks on, same for cable. Others like magazines or dvd's - get rid of them.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• For awhile I had a slight addiction to porn, I don't know if it was because I wasn't getting enough or if I was trying to get new ideas. Maybe 3-6 months later i gave it up, I was bored with it,and I don't care if I see it again or not. It was just a phase with me. Depending on how long he has been watching it, maybe it's a phase or if it's been along time, maybe he needs help.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2009