Walking?

I feel really stupid for not knowing but I must ask..

When people say walk 'a lot' to get labor started how much walking is 'a lot'?

How long, how far.... etc

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well walking helps but only ifthe baby is ready so you can walk a mile if u want but if the baby is not ready baby wont come out. i walked both my pregancies, 2 miles everyday from the time i was 20 wks till the day i gave birth. walking helps the baby descend into the pelvic reagion but it wont start labor. now walking while in labor will help with labor
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i agree with piwife. walking while in labor was the best thing that i ever did. my first baby i stayed in the hospital bed and second baby i walked the pain off and let me tell you. when i go to have my twins i WILL NOT be laying in the bed.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 12:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• -Poster-
    So if i thought i felt contractions but wasn't sure cuz they weren't SUPER painful, if i walked it'd intensify them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2009