Do you really care about the parenting choices made by other moms?

Here are some examples. I was recently criticized for deciding to pump and then bottle feed my twins my breast milk. I have recently seen moms being criticized for how much they spend on car seats. Of course we have the usual wars over spanking, formula, cry it out, and on and on. Do you REALLY care how others decide to raise their children?

proud2Bmomma

Asked by proud2Bmomma at 11:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Welll....yes. Yes I do. I think its crazy to allow a mom to make her own choices. I mean by the time her child is 5, she should have gotten at least 30 varying opinions from 10 or so people in her life. She shouldnt ever trust her own instincts without first consulting her mother, or better yet, her mother in law. I mean what if she really screws up a kid by formula feeding him, or dressing him in walmart clothes because she spent all her money on a $400 carseat? That would just be totally out of line. God forbid she homeschool him without the entire familys blessing and recommendations. And dont even think of adding children to the family unless you first discuss it with all 1 million cafemommers and your grandmother in law. Over the line, I tell ya.

Obviously I am just kidding. I have my opinions like everyone else, but I am pretty secure with my choices. I didnt get that way overnight though. If I have a Q, I will ask.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't care unless children are getting harmed.To each their own
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• nope! whatever works for them, as long as the child is taken care of! If its something i dont agree with (ex-not punishing, giving them whatever they want, etc) they will have to put up with the consequences! not me =)
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't! Each mother is different and we all know the better ways for our OWN kids which should be our focus. Instead of butting into someone elses life, who didn't even ask for advice, about what they are doing "wrong" when really it's just different and it's working for their kid
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Sometimes it's annoying to be around a mis-behaving child with terrible manners who hits my kid, and runs to the arms of their mother, but thats on her. And I can control whose kids I'm around, so no. It's their child to raise, not mine.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 12:06 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't care as long as what they are doing isn't hurting their child or mine.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• What I have found most here is that there are many mothers on this site that feel the need to simply critisize another mothers post, whether it be the question or the answerer. There isn't a need for that b/c the person asking the question is looking for an answer to help, not snide remarks or brutal name calling.

The mothers who find it necessary to be nasty simply are trying to convince themself that their way is perfect. They dont' really know for sure (b/c I laugh my head off when I see their homepage and realize that the person with THE perfect answer and only HER way is right, usually has only one child and that ONE is very young. BUT, they know everything!!)

You know, I often give direct answers to questions, but I would never badger or berate another persons answer. The point on this forum is to hear all the different ways to go about child care, and then the OP can make up her own mind.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• If there was only ONE way to care for ALL children, then there would be no need for a place like cafemom. Thankfully, we are all a bit diff. and we can learn from each other. But often inexperience and lack of knowledge parades as the expert.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I'm sorry but what's the diff if you pump or give it to them straight from the breast?? honestly it don't matter. and people who spend hundreds of dollars on stuff that's just crazy. if they want to feel free. i don't care but i think it's a waste of money. kids grow out of stuff so fast. why not buy cheaper stuff so you can conserve your money. it don;t grow on trees. and if it does where at i need some.lol. sometimes you just have to find humor in some of this stuff. lol.
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Nope, not really I have no authority over another persons child, so as long as the other persons child isn't harming anyone or the other person isn't harming their child, idc to each their own
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2009