• In the Spotlight:

Did anyone get super emotional/irritable before labor started?

Just about anything I think about bothers me, and makes me want to start crying. The thought of going past my due date makes me really upset, lately. Just everything basically.
I'm not just talking about the emotion pregnancy hormones either, I've been emotional like hormonal but not to this extent. I've never felt like crying over silly things like this. It's really frustrating me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry :[ I was completely miserable for the last month of my pregnancy. I took maternity leave early so I was so scared that I had made a mistake and he wouldn't come on time. Well he came three days after I took it thank god! You know I don't think there's anything you can do about that last month, just keep reminding yourself that one day soon it'll happen. It has to happen. No pregnancy lasted forever.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• you are not alone hunny!!! i was so miserable the last week of my pregnancy, i actually did go past my due date by 2 days, so i think i had ample reasons to be angry lol. i can laugh now, was NOT funny then tho :) plus by the last month you are just soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready to not be a huge pregnant woman anymore! dont stress too much, just remember if you do go past your due date, there is a reason for it. he/she is just not ready to meet the world yet, and maybe he/she wouldnt be as healthy if they came right on time. might just need a few more days to develope and get ready to meet you! good luck and get the epidural!!! it's HEAVEN!! :)
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 2:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i will be 41 weeks pregnant tomorrow and last night i thought i was going into labor, but no. i felt really sick like i did when i found out i was pregnant. i was vomitting and soft stool (a lot) and had only 15 minutes of contractions....i couldn't believe how icky i felt and of course i got emotional....but here i am still pregnant and i've tried all kinds of natural ways to induce labor...nothing's worked for me..my baby is too comfortable in my belly. i'm hoping i go into labor on my own very soon because i'm trying a VBAC.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2009