What were you thinking?

You go through hours of immense pain and pressure, finally you see your little bundle of joy. What are some of the first thoughts that came to your mind after giving birth?

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 12:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i was happy, and scared, and hes finally came out!!!
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 12:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i had a csection.. but I thought she was the most adorable little baby ever! So tiny.. perfect I guess is the only word I have....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• First time I thought my ds looked awfully skinny lol
    Second thought dd was so chubby and beautiful, then I felt sick and threw up! lol
    Third time I was so excited. I was sitting straight up and watching her come out, she had so much dark hair and when I say her little vagina I was so excited!!! I yelled, "it's a girl, my Madelyn!" I couldn't help smiling :)
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I was very overwhelmed. He didn't cry at first so I was scared about that but after they told me he was alright I just wanted to hold him and look into his eyes and tell him I was his mommy. I wouldn't wait for that
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 2:11 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• My first thought was " Oh my god he's so beautiful " and then I started crying. I remember not expecting him to be that beautiful, because people always say not to get your hopes up because you may be disappointed, but my son was gorgeous and I was just amazed. I remember actually almost having a blushing feeling.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 2:30 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Mine Was holy crap I can see my doctor.. Before he came out my belly was huge and I couldnt see her and once he could I could see her... That and I wanted to know if he was truely a boy lol
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 2:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It was very surreal. I couldn't even open my eyes for the first few seconds cuz I was so nervous to meet him after all that time. I couldn't believe I had just given birth to a human life, even though I just spent 9 months expecting it!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i was laughing and shaking...and all i kept saying is she looks like me!
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 3:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• lol... Aww... and lol @ michelle... Now thats just bad, why would you have expected your baby to be anything but beautiful? lmao... Well I'm glad you all had beautiful babies. :)
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 3:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• "Dear God why would anyone do this more than once?!" was my first thought. HAHA. But they whisked my son away because he wasn't crying loud enough (they thought something might be wrong with his lungs). So mainly I just wanted to see my son. I was bleeding a lot, so after that stopped and I started to cry...they took me to see him.
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 4:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2009