Don't want to get as huge as last time

I gained 50 pounds last time and would like to be more careful this time around but my stomach feels like it's constantly growling! I feel like if my stomach growls, it's a direct call from the baby saying it's hungry haha. I'll just feel bad if I don't eat something when it growls, but then small portions don't seem to do much.

If I only eat when I'm hungry and it's healthy, is that ok? Should I ignore my stubborn belly?

ours

Asked by ours at 12:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I heard somewhere that pregnant women only need 300 extra calories a day. Not sure how true this is but it sounds pretty accurate.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• That is true. 300 more a day. and I only eat when I'm hungry. Some people eat when they are bored or lonely etc. And I think that's what starts the massive gaining. It also depends on what you eat not always how much.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i gained 50 pounds with my first pregnancy. I'm 41 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I've gained 36 pounds this time around. I still had 18 pounds on me from my last pregnancy when I got pregnant again.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2009