is she completely ready for kindergarten?

My DD will be 6 on August 4th. She will be starting kindergarten this year. She knows and can write and recognize the whole alphabet, count to 40 on her own. can write and spell her name, knows all her colors and shapes. And read a tiny bit. Is she completely ready, or should she know more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She is entirely ready academically! Does she also know how to walk in a line, share, work cooperatively in a group? Can she sit for long periods of time and listen attentively?
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 6:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I think shes good my ds is almost finished with K this year and many kids didnt know how to write their name at start of the school year...a good thing to practice this summer is the difference between capitol and lowercase letters. good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• She already has learned the difference. i just wanted to make sure she is 100 % ready.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2009