Why is it ppl ask for your opinion on here, but when you tell it you are labeled as judgmental?

I am confused on this one. There are posts on here that ask you to read what they have written and use that info to make a judgment and give your opinion, then when you do you are called a "basher" or "judgmental". Also they will tell you the situation and when you give your opinion you are lectured because "you don't know the whole story and how dare you judge". Of course I don't know the whole story, I go off of the info I was provided.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in About CafeMom

• people only want to read what they want to read. if you post something that's not what they're hoping for, they get upset. it doesn't make sense to me either.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Maybe it is the way you are wording your posts. If you are constantly running into this problem then I would start being careful about how you are speaking to others.
    I posted a couple of thought provoking questions yesterday and the bitches came out. They were everywhere. Calling me rude names, talking about how stupid I am and that I was wasting everybody's time with my questions. Just because they didn't agree with my theory they were so mean and bitchy.
    Anyway, maybe it is how you are responding to their posts. Politeness never hurt anyone. Not YOU...general people you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• But the real question is... why are you going back to read who posts after you. Answer the question and move on. Don't go back and reread, that's only stirring up crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Perhaps its because its not what they want to read. Sad really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It has been my experience that there are two kinds of questions: tell me I'm right, and, help me, I'm floundering.

Often, it's pretty obvious what is really being asked -- not that I don't give my opinion, anyhow, if I'm interested in the question...

I think that's the key to the whole thing, really: I don't write here strictly for the person who asked the question. They're not the only ones reading, I know, and not the only ones wondering the same (or very similiar) things.

I share my (odd) perspective partly because it helps me think and partly because I find the 'mainstream' viewpoint so depressing, so anti-human, so judgmental and so often vicious that I want to at least be a voice in the darkness that speaks another tone.

Today, I've read answers that include: whoop her ass; dump him; take away every privilege; make her; force him; send him away; beat her more...

Arg.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It is called immature people that need there drama fix for the day.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Some people know how to give their opinon without being rude about it, others don't. (On the other hand, some people are just plain rude no matter what and no one can say anything right.)
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Because the site is fully of catty women who like to pick each other part. They do it in real life, and they do it on cafemom too. That's women for ya. And yes, I am a woman too, but don't seem to act like most women which is probably why most of my friends in my life have been males.
    Anonymous

• It's possible that they don't want or care about "your opinion" in the first place. Maybe they just want everyone to agree with them so they know for a fact they were right in the first place. One may never know...
    Anonymous