• In the Spotlight:

Don't you hate it...?

Our laptop is about 7 years old and yesterday the buttons on the touchpad stopped working. So today I went and bought a mouse. My husband was on the computer and forgot about the new mouse and went to use the touchpad and THE BUTTONS WORKED. Ugh!

Don't you just hate it when you spend the money to replace something only to find it or find that it still works?

Silvertears1275

Asked by Silvertears1275 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Um...yeah. And I am so embarrassed to admit this, but one morning I went to the fridge and realized it wasn't working. The light had been going on and off periodically so I figured the fridge (which was about 7 years old) had just given up. I made sure it was plugged in, then told my DH and we went out and bought a NEW fridge!! When they delivered it the next day the delivery man went to plug it in and come to find out, the outlet was not working!!!! So our fridge worked perfectly fine yet we had just been too dumb to check the outlet!!! So embarrassing!!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i hate that. it makes me want to take it back to get my money :)
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 1:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• nope because when i replace it its usualy about to break down
    mom2jade

Answer by mom2jade at 2:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I would be happy that your laptop still works after seven years. Normally they don't last that long. The touchpad was probably just frozen and re-starting the computer made it work again. An extra mouse is always a good thing to have around.
    Yet, I do know what you mean. It is like your hair looking awesome on the day you are scheduled to have it cut.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 3:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yea. I really hate it when I buy something I already had and forgot about it or I can't find it because I have too much stuff!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2009