Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tell or no?

ok so my neighbor has been my neighbor for about 15 years, and is like an uncle. well he broke up with his gf a few months ago b/c she was allowing her 15 yr old to have parties at the house and drink and allowing the kids there to drink when he was out of town for work. that was just part of the problem. anyways they are still friends, her sons are staying at the house to take care of his pets while he is out of town. and there are about 20 cars and who knows how many high school age kids here now drinking, loud, yelling, and shes here while its going on. so heres my dilema (spelling is awful i'm tired) do i tell him or not say anything? i mean they are trying to work things out but he is totally against this and i feel he has a right to know. so would you tell or no? i'm going anon b/c i don't know if shes a member of this site or not.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • why not call the cops anon and let him find out that way?

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

  • I the cops and let them sort it out.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 1:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

  • thats a good suggestion. Or you can let her know that this is not right and she needs to tell or else you will.

    Answer by Precious333 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

  • i would call the cops cause frankly a grown woman letting her child and other peoples kids drink should be arrested and dealt with. your not only doing this man a favor but these kids parents as well. not to mention the teenager who has the misfortune to be born to an irresponsible mother.

    Answer by melody77 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

  • Think I would tell him. Not just go running over there as soon as I seen he was home but might give it a bit of time ( incase she tells him or he finds out another way)and then check in and see how he and things are doing. See if he is awhere of it first ( who knows he may have givin in wearas you wouldn't know about) Then go from there and tell him if you feel that he's feelings are still the same as they was before.

    Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:29 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

  • I'd call too... that lady needs to be arrested for contributing to a minor...
    I realize a lot of kids drink and party on Graduation night... but it won't be happening at my house and I don't even have neighbors that could report me to noise problem.
    I'd defintely think he should know what's happening in his house while he's away.. it's his home owners insurance that would get sued if someone got hurt.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:26 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

  • I would presume he knows and behave accordingly.

    For 2 reasons:

    1. I am not being paid to lie for his ex-girlfriend or his children-- I mean, seriously, you have to be kidding. You want to sneak around, at least sneak fer cryin' out loud!

    2. He left his (partying) children in charge of his house and he thought *what* was going to happen? Sheesh. I have no interest in protecting the naivity of anyone.

    Good point about the insurance... although without an adult in charge, it would be hard to argue it was his fault -- more likely be able to nail the bootleggers (I'm thinking 'girlfriend' for some reason, here.. hmm ) for criminal charges... ha ha ha ha

    Besides, I don't need to help people look better than they are. I'm okay with how they are, and if they get out of hand, I'd call the cops and let the chips fall where they may.

    Answer by LindaClement at 3:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

  • I'd just call the cops. They'll let him know, and you can do it anonymously, so that you never even have to be involved.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 7:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

  • i totally agree i would not want my kid in that house so u would be doin many people a fovor including him. and not to mention u should tell him cuz he needs to be with someone whoes gonna be honest with him and not go behind his back and do would never work out for them cuz sooner or later he will find out so save the poor man the trouble and tell him and call the cops to! this woman should be dealt with! she is completely wrong for letting kids drink!

    Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

  • If underage kids are drinking on his property he could be in serious trouble- espeically if someone gets hurt, gets caught drinking and driving or gets in an accident. If you see the party going on I would call the police, and then tell your neighbor about the party the next time you see him.

    Answer by MizLee at 10:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.