How do you sacrifice your cattle?

I really didn't know anyone did this anymore. But, now that everyone is nodding in such firm agreement with that Deuteronomy 18 passage in the abomination question, I guess that means they follow 18:3-4 too.

The priests shall have a right to the following things from the people: from those who are offering a sacrifice, whether the victim is from the herd or from the flock, the priest shall receive the shoulder, the jowls and the stomach.

You shall also give him the first fruits of your grain and wine and oil, as well as the first fruits of the shearing of your flock;

So how does that work? Do you go to a co-op as a congregation, or do you buy a goat and do it in the backyard? This is really fascinating, because I've never met anyone so literal, and yet this place is seemingly crawling with literalists.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wonder why so many Christians don't have a sense of humor? Even when I was still a practicing Catholic I would have thought this question hilarious! NP has a point and it's something I've never been able to understand. Of course, I just don't understand the thumpers who move from church to church in an attempt to find a version of Christianity that will fit their needs.I don't think any religion is about molding it to fit your own needs and desires. To me that's just wrong, yet a majority of Christians today do just that. They also attempt to "interpret" the Bible in a way that suits their needs rather than try to hear what God is really telling them.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• that's old testament. Have you not heard there is a new Testament and that Christ was the last sacrifice? No more cattle, goat or pig sacrifices. Jesus paid the price.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• but what about the witches?
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• That's what I'd always been told, until that question 5 or 6 down from here popped up tonight. Now people are crawling out of the woodwork to attest to the validity of deuteronomy. Check for yourself. It's the one about "abomination"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Yes the old testament...where Leviticus is, which supposedly contains the lines against homosexuality. So Christians don't follow the old testament anymore, eh?

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Easiest way of doing it to placate your priest these days would be to go to a supermarket for the shoulder but as they are not allowed to sell stomachs and there is no market for jowls , you would have to go to your friendly local abattoir for them.

Oh, it was so much easier in the old days. I do wonder though what the priest would have done with the stomach. Stomach stew or casserole ?
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• They probably tie them off and use them to hold the wine.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• you make sausage with intestine, for example hagas is made from sheep's stomach
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I will say this to those mocking the OP. At least that's what it soundsl ike to me. Homosexuallity is a sin BECAUSE a man and man or woman and woman CANNOT procreate, therefore why should they be together? Pagan's witches and the like are sinners because they *they majority* worship other diety's and build altar''s and offer sacrifices, like wine and cakes. Plus they commune with spirits. God strictly forbids this. I know I ahve heard that if homosexuality is a sin then so is birthcontrol. Well it's not, the Bible says temerance in ALL things. I think thats includes children. Have only as many as you can afford. Thats doesn't mean you shouldn't have sex, sex is a gift and a DUTY to your spouse. I am not condemning homosexuals and pagan to hell. I am not God and have been raised to be loving to ALL people wether I agree with them or not. I am jsut staing what the bible says.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• We are no longer required to sacrifice because Jesus became our sacrifice, for ALL generations past and present. It says so in the bible.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:41 AM on Jun. 6, 2009