What is considered the new "perfect size" for women?

I remember when i was like 15, i distinctly remember always hearing it was a 10; is it still?

rsgomezii

Asked by rsgomezii at 1:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes... Here is what's so funny... Do you ever go to Hollister, Aeropostale, or anywhere like that and look through the clothing? All the larges and x-larges are all sold out... Never any left. But there are always small sizes left??? That's because no one can frickin wear them. I had to explain this to my duaghter one day, she was all bummed out about it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i think 16 is a perfect size for women, marilyn monroe was a 16 and oh my lord was she beautiful!!! thats just my opinion though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i thought it was an 8 but idk anymore
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i think we've come along way since then. We've discovered that while bone skinny is preferred for the runway models, it looks pretty pathetic on hollywood stars and border lines looking emotionally unhealthy.

But nowadays, it seems the trend is to look healthy with a lean but tones body. I prefer this mental picture and goal for own self, although I'll never be cut. Matter of fact, I look at it this way. There are models in my age range like Christy Brinkley that are beautiful. BUT, in my mind I have to remember she LIVES AND BREATHES working out b/c thats her job. She gets paid to work out, she makes so much crazy money that she can afford wrinkle cream from France. I don't have the time, the income nor the inclination to spend all my valuable time working out like a fool.

I would, tho enjoy feeling lighter on my feet by eliminating these last 10 pounds. :) BTW, i think the trend is to go by your personal BMI.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• there is no perfect size for women in general. Just individuals. Everyone is different. Let me tell you, a size 16 would not look good on me!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• nor is it healthy.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Marilyn was a size 16, but the sizes are different now. A size 16 then is probably equivalent to a size 10 now. My MIL still wears those pants from back in the day, and my mother still has some too. My mil wears a size 7 and she is really skinny, and I use to wear a size 3 and I know I was bigger than her. She would be like a size 1 with the newer age pants.

I don't think there is a perfect size, but I think sizes 7-12 is most preferred by men, and Hollywood promotes sizes 00-5. They promote an unnatural look for women and expect them to look young at 50.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Answered at 7:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 by:

nor is it healthy.

How do you know if its healthy or not?  Are you a dr?  Did you peak in on their lab work? 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I don't think that there is a specific magic number. every one's body is different. for me I felt my best at 12/14. I was thin enough to shop at normal stores but still had my curves.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 11:14 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I think an 8-10 would be perfect for me
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 11:15 AM on Jun. 6, 2009