breastfeeding?

i heard that when you breastfeed you eventually have to start giving formula b/cuz your milk.... runs out at some point? [like 6months or something]
is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no way the breastfeeding association wants u to breastfeed for 2yrs...thats a bit long but it goes to show that it doesnt run out
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Not at all. I'm pregnant with my second child and still breastfeeding my almost 15 month old son. Who by the way has NEVER had as bottle, or formula.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Not for me. I bf exclusively until about 6 months and then she started getting food. She would drink breast milk and sometimes water but nothing else until she was 1 year. It just depends on you and your milk production.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• A mothers body makes milk as long as baby is nursing. Some moms nurse all the way to 4 and 5 years old. I'll probably stop at 2.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:24 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• BF is about supply and demand, the more the baby nurses, the more milk you will produce.
    Farrahann

• no
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• No, I never used a drop of formula. What do you think humans did before bottles and formula were invented?
    If you feed your baby on demand, you will have the right amount of milk for them for as long as you want to breastfeed.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i dont beleive and suppy and demand for 2 reasons...my dd ate constinly like every 1/2 hr and she wasnt gaing weight so i had no choice after 3 months i put her on formula and she flurished. my friends baby has such a high matablism that his body was exscreating it in wast and not putting weight on. he was born at 5lbs and at 3 months old he only weighed 7lbs. i think with my next baby im going to bf and supplement formula
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 3:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2009