Spotting?

I'm 5 and a half weeks pregnant and I just noticed some light bleeding. Its a dark brownish color, but at first was pinkish. I did have intercourse twice today but this was about 6-7 hours ago. It looks as though its stopping(started about 20 minutes ago).
I heard that if spotting occurs, it isnt safe to have intercourse.
Should I completely stop till I see a doctor(next week) or is it okay to have sex(tomorrow) as long as the bleeding has stopped tonight?
My mother is telling me that this is normal throughout the entire pregnancy but I've never heard of spotting throughout the entire thing, just during implantation.
Any advice would help...Thanks ;)

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 2:33 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everything should be ok but still let your dr know and if there any colts small or anything you need to call and let them know and i do wish you good luck and hope everything works out for you
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 2:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Thanks... I'll def let the doc know I'm just concerned that sex might be hurting the pregnancy. I did some research and everywhere I turn everyone says sex is fine, although some places say sex is okay only after the first trimester. I'm so confused and anxious to see a doctor. I'm going to try and see if a clinic in my area has walk ins because I cannot wait. All I want to hear is "Everything looks normal" and I'll be at ease.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 4:28 AM on Jun. 6, 2009