Mold on stroller

My stroller got wet and now there is a little bit of mold. how can I clean it off without harming the stroller?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If its on the cloth try soap and water or apolstery cleaner and let it dry completely before closing it, you may need to use some color safe bleach too. If its on the frame just wipe it down well with disinfectant wipes or soapy water. It may be stained but once you clean it it will be fine for baby.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 5:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• It really depends on the manufacturer of the stroller, but a lot of the fabric parts can be taken off and washed in the washing machine and then thrown into the dryer.
    My daughter received a hand-me-down stroller that was mildewed and filthy and we were able to take all the fabric parts off, wash it in a bleach hot water wash, then put them into the dryer. After she cleaned and disinfected the frame we placed the fabric parts back on.
    I just bought a beautiful stroller at a yard sale that looks like new, but saw a bit of dirt on the fabric once I got it home. I did the same to this stroller as we did to the other stroller. I had to unscrew a few things to get the fabric pieces off, but it is so clean now and looks so beautiful!
    Try taking the fabric pieces off and washing them in hot water with bleach in the washing machine. If you are afraid of shrinkage, then let them air dry for a couple days.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I didn't even think to try to take it off and wash it. great idea!!
    Anonymous