Not Sure What To Do....

My son is 9 months old and was on his own schedual for the longest and one day it stopped and it all changed and I've always been warned about schedual's by my mom and how she doesnt like them because they are hard to keep when you are gone and not at home... He's not sleeping enough and I know that and I'm not sleeping enough either... He didnt go to bed til 5am last night and I know eventually he will get his days and night mixed up and that will be hard to fix at this age.. So what would be a good schedual for a 9 month old to you..
I'm a first time mom and I'm young so I'm not sure whats a good one and whats not.. Just looking for some good ideas mostly thanks for the help

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 2:54 AM on Jun. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is your son teething? I know when my son was teething for about 2 weeks his schedule was all crazy. He woke up twice in the middle of the night,wanted to sleep with me,which I allowed most of time but not always cuz he moves a ton and I can never sleep well and I felt it was never going to end. If thats not the case when is his nap time? Is that normal? is he sleeping more or less? If he is sleeping more and still taking 2 naps a day he may be getting to much sleep and not tired by 5am. Would music help him stay asleep...I know this helps my son a lot. he loves the soft noise. hope this helps?
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Oh no his schedule has been off for months and I think him getting 4 top teeth at once caused it but since he put himself on the schedule in the first place I had hoped he would do it again but I have been waiting for almost 2 months now and he's not getting any better it's only getting worse... No his naps arent regular it all depends on when he wakes up and when he wakes up depends on when he went to sleep so it's just a horrible cycle that wont stop... He only gets one nap thats about 4 hours sometimes less but at the most 4 hours... I think a lot of my problem is that my husband works late and that doesnt help because daddy wants him up and ready to play when he gets home at midnight but I'm always tired and I dont like that cause it makes me cranky and thats not a good way to be everyday.. I just want everyone to be able to sleep and sleep well
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 3:06 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• i would cut back on his napes. give them to him but only let him sleep for a hr. i would tell daddy that he has to play with his son at a different time if that possible. playing with him at midnight will only get him excited and his adrinling pumping so he wont want to sleep intill early morning. or if a new bedtime routine isnt plauseable then i would set his bed time at like2 or 3 in the morning and let him sleep intill 10 am and llet him have a nape at like3pm the most im point thing is to establishe a routin and stick with it he'll adjust
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 6:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• From birth my son had a schedule of bedtime at 8pm, A bottle before bed, and when it came to the stage of cereal, just a little cereal in his bottle before bed (to help him sleep longer) to this day he still goes to bed at 8, and nap time is around 1:30, if we are home, if not it doesnt throw off his schedule unless he's laid down for a really late nap (I dont lay him down for late naps, if its after 4). Im also a young mother, and I believe schedules are best, because you dont want a 2 year old, later down the road, who wants to go to bed at 5 am, and then sleep until night, And be completely mixed up. I would try laying him down at your desired bedtime 7, 7:30, 8, 8:30, and try controlled crying. Its not for all, but I have used it. Typically by minute 6-7 my son was either asleep, or quietly playing in his bed. When I go to my parents, Ethan's routine isnt thrown off I just factor in the time change, (1 hour difference).
    DandieMandie

Answer by DandieMandie at 9:13 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I agree with what the other ladies said about the bed time. Also as hard as it may be to have a set schedule you have to. its the best thing for your son.Even if you have to let him cry for a bit thats fine. What do you do for his bedtime? Do you play soft music? rock him? read him a book? A routine as simple as reading a book can throw a child of track. Also make his naps a little shorter so he's tired at night.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The past few day's he's started just putting himself to sleep he lays on the couch and drinks a sippy cup of formula and then I take him to his bed and pat his tummy a few times and walk away and he's out.. Still not as early as I would like but we are working on that well trying to
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2009